Oxon Cove Park & Oxon Hill Farm
The area has been inhabited since Native Americans lived here until the 17th century. In 1805, an Irish immigrant, Samuel de Butts, built a home, Mount Welby, where he and his wife lived until his death in 1843. The area was later used by St. Elizabeths Hospital as a therapeutic farm, and in 1959 it was entrusted to the National Park Service. Today there are a wide range of activites for visitors, including trails, self-guided tours of the farm and historic buildings, and regularly scheduled events, which include living history demonstrations.