Milwaukee Art Museum
From its roots in Milwaukee’s first art gallery in 1888, the museum has grown today to be an icon for Milwaukee and a resource for the entire state. The Milwaukee Art museum has collected over 20,000 works of art for 120 years. The 341,000-square-foot museum includes the War Memorial Center (1957) designed by Finnish-American architect Eero Saarinen, the Kahler Building (1975) by David Kahler, and the Quadracci Pavilion (2001) created by Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava.
Central to the Museum’s mission is its role as a premier educational resource, with educational programs that are among the largest in the nation, involving classes, tours, and a full calendar of events for visitors of all ages.