Lighthouse Of Los Morillos
Located on an isolated point with white lime cliffs surrounded by lagoons and marshes, Cabo Rojo, built in 1882, marks the southeast entrance from the Caribbean Sea through Mona Passage into the Atlantic Ocean. Cabo Rojo's lighthouse has simple decorative elements including an unelaborated cornice that is repeated in the tower. Although originally housing two keepers and an engineer, the lighthouse was left unmanned following a 1967 renovation and automation. The old cast-iron, copper and glass lantern still houses the original illuminating apparatus, a lenticular lens manufactured by the French firm Sautter, Lemonnier and Company.