Barratt's Chapel and Museum
Under the direction of John Wesley after the American Revolutionary War, Thomas Coke and Francis Asbury met during a service at this chapel in 1784. From that point they organized a meeting in Baltimore for other Methodist preachers in the country, and the church was officially established Christmas Day of 1784. The outdoor appearance of the church is still very close to its 1784 appearance. The interior appearance dates to about 1842 due to renovations on the interior. Today it is owned and maintained by the Commission on Archives and History of the Peninsula-Delaware Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church.